Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Defence Headquarters yesterday described as a joke and dream of the century, a threat made on the life of President Muhammadu Buhari in a new video released yesterday by Boko Haram militants.
Defence spokesman, Brigadier General Rabe Abubakar, said; “The threat to President Muhammadu Buhari is a complete joke and dream of the century.”
“The only ground Boko Haram can go into, hide and pretend to be alive, is the social media, because it is everybody’s home where sources can hardly be traced. More-so, which Boko Haram, I believe the group is near ending, the video is a complete sign of weakness and poses no threat to us,” he said, adding that the video was an attempt by remnants of the group to remind the public that there were once Boko Haram elements.
Abubakar said the military was committed to wiping out remnants of the group and people shouldn’t be deceived by their use of photoshop.
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel