Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha Alhassan, otherwise known as Mama Taraba has declared that no one should blame the current government as being responsible for the nation’s economic woes.
The minister, while speaking with newsmen in Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State where she met with the APC women drawn from the 25 local government areas of the state, said the immediate past government of Goodluck Jonathan brought Nigeria into economic mess.
Alhassan, who was represented on the occasion by the Coordinator for Women Empowerment, Chief Akukalia Angela, assured the people that the present administration was passionate about developing women and reducing hunger in the country.
“The present process of economic recession is not caused by the APC-led government; rather, it was caused by the immediate past government, who looted the nation’s treasury and threw the people into hardship.
“The APC will do everything humanly possible to put Nigeria back on the right positive track,” she said.
The APC Woman Leader in the state, Dr. Janeth Oyubu, while pledging the support of the APC women in the state for the government, alleged that the PDP government had hijacked all the palliatives initiated by the Buhari government.
Oyubu added, “Don’t be carried away with peanuts from the ailing PDP. I can assure you that APC has all it takes to transform your well-being by empowering you so that you can be helpful to your family and the society.”
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid