Estimated Reading Time: <1
Residents of Sambang Dagi in Jaba Local Government of Kaduna State witnessed another earth tremor in the early hours of Monday.
The incident occurred barely 24-hours after the first tremor was reported at Nok village about 20km away from Sambang.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the second vibration occurred around 4a.m Monday, leaving shocked residents scampering for safety.
It was not immediately clear whether there were casualties.
Earlier, the Kaduna State government had in a press statement, urged residents of the affected communities to remain calm.
The government on Sunday appealed for calm, and sympathised with the residents of kwoi in Jaba Local Government Area, following the first tremor.
The government said in a statement signed by Samuel Aruwan, Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Governor Nasir El-Rufai, that it had made a formal report to the appropriate authorities to investigate the development.
The statement said Mr. El-Rufai, had notified the geological and emergency agencies of the incident.
“The governor sympathises with the people in the Kwoi area over the reported earth tremor,” the statement said.
“He has directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to mobilise to the area and comfort the citizens.
“The National Geological Agency has also been notified, and has been invited to investigate the tremor in the Kwoi area and provide appropriate guidance.
“The Kaduna State Government is receiving updates from the area and relevant government agencies have been directed to take steps to comfort the residents and to assuage their unease as they come to terms with an unusual event.
“The Kaduna State Government wishes to appeal for calm, and urges everyone not to spread unverified information, or create panic,” the statement said.
NAN reports that the first incident, which occurred at about 1p.m, shook the community and created some panic among the people.
- Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru, is Dead
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds