Estimated Reading Time: <1
The federal government of Nigeria has declared Monday and Tuesday respectively as public holidays to mark the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
Speaking on behalf of the Federal Government, the Minister of Interior, Lt Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), enjoined all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to support, co-operate and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari “in his sustained efforts to diversify the economy and progressively accelerate the pace of economic recovery.”
A statement issued on Wednesday in Abuja from the office of the acting Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido, stated that the government was aware of the present economic challenges confronting the nation, due to the downturn in oil prices.
He, however, assured that efforts are being put in place to address the issues, especially through revitalising the agricultural sector, the ‘Youth Empowerment Scheme’ in Information and Communication Technology, the ‘Change Begins with Me’, a value re-orientation programme and other social intervention programmes, as well as through massive capital release, all aimed at stimulating the economy towards the path of recovery and growth.
The statement continued: “The minister expresses optimism that the present economic difficulties will soon be over and therefore urges all to continue to support the government towards building a new formidable Nigeria where peace, unity, security and sustainable development are guaranteed. He wishes all Nigerians, a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration.”
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries