Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano state has announced a minor cabinet shake up. It is however not clear if those affected are loyalists of former Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso but the two have been involved in a supremacy battle over the control of the state..
The development followed the appointment of a foremost Educationists, and a former employee of USAID funded project and ESSPIN- DFID, Hajiya Yardada Maikano Bichi.
Hajiya Maikano Bichi until her appointment was a teacher and had served as the Executive Secretary of the State Agency for Mass Education.
She has also worked for some years as education specialist with COMPASS, a USAID funded project and ESSPIN- DFID.
Under the new arrangement, Hajiya ‘Yardada Maikano Bichi who has been sworn in as Commissioner for Women Affairs, while the erstwhile Commissioner in charge of the Ministry, Barr. Zubaida D. Abubakar moved to the Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning.
In his speech during the swearing in ceremony of the new cabinet member, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje explained that the development was necessitated by the fact that the former Commissioner of Budget and Planning was recently appointed Accountant – General of the state.
Kano got its first female Accountant General penultimate week with the appointment of former Commissioner of Budget and Planning, Hajiya Aisha Muhammad Bello.
Ganduje stated that the new commissioner was appointed on merit urging her to put in her best towards attaining the goals of the administration. In the meanwhile, Governor Ganduje has signed into law the state Land Use Act 2016.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa