Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers has suspended four Commissioners, the Head of Service and his Special Adviser on Lands for three months.
This was disclosed on Wednesday by the Special Assistant to the Governor on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu, in a statement in Port Harcourt.
The Governor did not, however, state the reason for the suspension in the statement.
According to Nwakaudu, the affected commissioners are Dr John Bazia, Chieftaincy Affairs, Mrs Tonye Briggs-Oniyide; Culture and Tourism, Fred Kpakol; Finance and Mr Boma Iyaye; Sports.
He said the Head of Service, Mr. Rufus Godwin and Mr Anugbun Onuoha, Special Adviser on Lands were also affected by the suspension.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa