Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Enugu state police command says it has arrested Ibrahim Adamumale, a herdsman, after he was found to be in possession of an AK47 rifle.
Ebere Amaraizu, spokesman of the command, confirmed this to NAN in an interview, saying the suspect was also found with 24 rounds of live ammunition.
Amaraizu said Adamumale attempted to evade arrest by firing gunshots.
He said that the suspect resided at Hausa quarters in 9th-mile area of the state.
“The suspect was nabbed by the combined efforts of the police and members of the public from Affa-Udi community,” he said.
“Before he was nabbed, the suspect expended about six shots in the air.
“Before now, the police and members of the public have gathered information about the suspect’s antecedents in relation to bearing of sophisticated weapon within Affa-Udi axis in Udi council area and its environs.”
Amaraizu said that the suspect was already helping the police in their investigation.
Different communities in Enugu have come under attacks from herdsmen, raising security concerns.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”