Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said nobody should claim the glory of President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory in last year presidential election.
Obasanjo also dismissed reports that he and few other persons brought President Buhari to power, saying “I never made such claims.”
The ex- President spoke during a visit to the Taraba State Governor, Darius Dickson Ishaku, at the State House in Jalingo.
He said the emergence of Buhari as President was an overwhelming decision of Nigerians as demonstrated at the polls.
“It is inconsiderate of any single person or group to claim the glory.
He said,“I am astounded by media reports quoting me as saying that I and few other persons brought President Buhari to power to save Nigeria.
“I have never said that, because it is not true. Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for the President and we are all witnesses to that fact. No single person or group can claim that glory.”
Obasanjo also expressed confidence that Buhari will not disappoint Nigerians.
The ex- President said he spent most of his life trying to better the lot of humanity generally and Nigeria specifically, adding that he is motivated to do more now that he has come of age.
- Biafra: “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan