Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he and four other eminent Nigerians brought President Muhammadu Buhari to salvage Nigeria from its current challenges.
He said they took the decision when they felt that the country stood at a crossroads.
Obasanjo said, “Three or four other of us from different part of the country got together and said to ourselves what do we do
“We said what is the problem with us and why are we still not growing. We got talking and knew we needed to do something.
“What do we need to deal with for this Nigeria of ours to become what God has created it to be. A land flowing with milk and honey, that is the intention of God for creating Nigeria.”
The former President, who spoke on Thursday at a reception held in his honour at the Government House, Yola, Taraba State, said so far, Buhari had not disappointed the country.
He said, “So far, Buhari has not disappointed us. I trust him, he will not fail Nigerians. I know he will overcome the challenges the country is currently facing.”
He, however, said Nigeria needed to get its acts right in the area of politics, governance and leadership for the country to develop.
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG