Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party has expressed appreciation to the judiciary over the Appeal Court judgment that upheld the election of Abia State governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, by setting aside the judgment of the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice Okon Abang.
The party in a statement by its Chief Spokesman, Mr. Dayo Adeyeye, described the ruling of the appellate Court as a triumph of the rule of law and victory for democracy.
He said, “What transpired at the Court of Appeal on Thursday has, once again, rekindled our trust in the judiciary as the last hope of the common man.”
- Afenifere and Ohaneze Ndigbo beg thugs to cease looting #EndSARS
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear
- COVID-19 palliative looting: We do not have authority to distribute without approval from Abuja – Osun committee explains
- #EndSARS: Human Rights Commission calls for submission of complaints