Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dozens of Boko Haram terrorists and civilians have been reportedly killed after militants ambushed Immigration officials on United Nations assignments along Maiduguri – Dikwa road in central Borno state.
The incident occurred at Gwajibo village in Dikwa Local Government, while convoy of vehicles carrying Nigeria Immigration officials and some civilians was returning from Gamboru Ngala to Maiduguri on Monday at 2:30pm.
3 Immigration officials were also wounded and are currently receiving treatment at emergency unit of University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital.
According to an Immigration source who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust Newspapers on condition of anonymity,
“After our officials have completed two weeks exercises assigned by United Nations to register thousands of Nigeria returnees from neighbouring countries to Gamboru border town, on their way to Maiduguri they came under heavy attack from insurgents, our personnel exchanged gun fire with them, killed some Boko Haram militants and civilians lost their lives,”
He further said “I cannot ascertain the number of civilian casualties but there was none on our side except three personnel that suffered gun wounds.”
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help