Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Imo State Government has debunked reports that the state governor Rochas Okorocha was slapped by a ghost and is in an Indian hospital for medical treatment.
Even though the governor travelled to India, it was in order to meet with investors who had invited him for further discussions on the prospects of their coming to invest, said a government spokesman.
“Ailment or sickness has been there with mankind, the angle that makes the whole claim funny is the “ghost dimension”, and that explains how spiritually poor those behind this balderdash are,’’ said Sam Onwuemeodo, the chief press secretary to Okorocha.
The Okorocha’s media aide said that his boss is a Christian, and does not know what it means to see “a ghost or ghost women”.
“He travelled with few economic aides, and we informed Imo people and the general public and as God would have it, two days to the planned trip, the daughter gave birth to a baby boy and he would use the opportunity to visit his daughter,’’ Onwuemeodo stated.
According to Okorocha’s aide, the governor’s wife was already there with their daughter for what the Igbo people call “Ile Omugwo” (visit to a nursing mother by mother) and that Okorocha’s visit is to see the new baby.
Onwuemeodo noted that in the event of the governor being sick, the information would be made public.
Onwuemeodo blamed the report on what he tagged the antics of some of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) folks in the state.
“We accused them (PDP) of being behind the malicious audio because it came twenty four hours after the convincing defeat of the party by the APC in the re-run elections in Okigwe senatorial zone and the three state constituencies of Isiala Mbano, Oru East and Owerri West’’, he noted.
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes