Estimated Reading Time: <1
A special enforcement team of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, yesterday, sealed off Haf Haven Hotel in Makurdi allegedly owned by Mrs. Regina Akume, wife of the former Benue State governor, Senator George Akume, over tax evasion.
Repors say all efforts by Mrs. Akume to speak to the leader of the enforcement team to stop the process were rebuffed.
Also shut over unpaid taxes were Treaties Bukka and Gwalina Suites. Leader of the enforcement team, Mr. Chinazor Edeh, said the affected hospitality outlets were sealed over the failure of their respective management to remit an accumulated tax of over N69.5 million.
According to him, Haf Haven owed the FIRS an accumulated five-year company tax, education tax, hospitality tax and Value Added Tax, VAT, totaling N13.5 million.
Treaties Bukka, allegedly owed N52 million in unremitted Withholding Tax and VAT from 2013 to 2015.
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives