Estimated Reading Time: <1
A massive protest is on-going at the Oyemekun Road where the secretariat of the All Progressives Congress,APC in Akure, the Ondo State capital is located.
The protesters, it was learnt are demanding the removal of the State Chairman of APC .He is popularly called Kekebeke.The demand for the sack of the state chairman I based on fears that he may not be able to ensure a free and fair gubernatorial primaries for the party’s primaries.
Newsdiaryonline reports that the party stalwarts in the state took to the street because of the suspicion that one Segun Abraham is the new APC gubernatorial candidate anointed by Bola Ahmed Tinubu.The fear is that Tinubu’s powerful influence, if unchecked will not allow free and fair primaries.
Until a month ago, there it was almost certain that Chief Akeredolu ‘Akete,’ SAN was the favoured candidate to clinch the ticket.
Repors say there are palpable fears in Akete’s camp that he may not make it given Tinubu’s new choice.
When besieged by criticisms, Tinubu recently said he has the right to choose the candidate he pleases.He however pledged to support whoever wins the APC ticket.
Political watchers in Ondo said Tinubu’s antics fuelled the ongoing protests and the demand for the removal of the Ondo state APC chairman over fear there may be no free and fair primaries.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’