Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress (APC) women across the country led by Nigeria’s First Lady, Hajia Aisha Buhari, on Tuesday stormed Edo state to give their support to the governorship candidate of the party, Mr Godwin Obaseki, saying that victory for the party in the forthcoming governorship election in the state is non-negotiable.
Shortly after paying a courtesy visit to Obaseki, the women also visited the internally displaced persons camp at Uhogua community, Ovia North East, where they donated food stuff, writing materials and toiletries.
Represented by the APC Woman leader in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, Mrs Hailmary Aipoh, Aisha Buhari said they were in the state in solidarity with the Obaseki campaign organization and to equally remind the candidate that he must remember the women and children when he wins because his victory is already assured.
According to her, “Governor Oshiomhole is our great brother who has done us proud in Edo with his developmental projects, so we are always with him. APC has done well for Edo people and that is why we are saying continuity. Obaseki is a quite gentleman that is tested and trusted and we believe that on September 10, Edo people and all women will rally round him and by the special grace of God, he has won already.”
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives