Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari has disclosed that she instituted legal action against Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State because he insulted her and her family.
In an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America (VOA), Mrs Buhari also accused the governor of making false allegation against her.
“At the time, he was not the only one insulting us, but people felt that it was just campaign. After the election, which we won and they lost, everyone else moved on except him and he extended his insults to me.
“I did not run for president. I am a married woman and I have never called his name. I never knew him. But as governor and chief executive, he kept insulting and raising false allegations against me. I have to respond and I decided to go to court.
”He made allegations over what he said I did here in the US, even though I have never met the people he mentioned,” she said.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries