Estimated Reading Time: <1
The West African Examinations (WAEC), has Friday in Lagos released its 2016 May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), withholding the results of 137,295, representing 8.89% candidates.
Just as a total of eight hundred and seventy eight thousand and forty (878,040) candidates, representing 52.97%, obtained credits in five (5) subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics.”
Recall that in 2014 and 2015 the percentage of candidates that obtained five (5) credits and above including English Language and Mathematics in the WASSCE were 31.28% and 38.68% respectively.
The Head of Nigeria National Office, Nigeria, Mr Olu Adenipekun while briefing journalists explained that the withheld results are in connection with various cases of examination malpractice, adding, “the cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations will be presented to the appropriate committee of the Council in due course for consideration.”
According to him, a total number of 1,552,758 Candidates sat for the May/June examination. Of the 1,544,234 who sat the exams, he said: ”
A total of 1,014,573 candidates, representing 65.70% obtained six (6) credits and above; one million one hundred sixty seven thousand four hundred and eighty four (1,167,484) candidates, representing 75.60% obtained five (5) credits and above, while one million two hundred and eighty two thousand two hundred and four (1,282,204) candidates, representing 83.03% obtained credit and above in four (4) subjects.”
He added that one million three hundred and seventy thousand forty nine (1,370,049) candidates, representing 88.72% obtained credit and above in three (3) subjects, while one million four hundred and thirty eight thousand six hundred and seventy nine (1,438,679) candidates, representing 93.16% obtained credit and above in two (2) subjects.
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams