Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress has intervened in the crisis rocking the House of Representatives over alleged padding of the 2016 budget.
The APC was said to have made the move to prevent the party from being “brought to dishonour”, the statement issued by the party Leadership described the crisis as an embarrasment.
NewsWireNGR recalls the APC National Working Committee, at the party’s headquarters in Abuja had on Tuesday, separately met with the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara; and a former Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin.
The statetement statement issued by Senator Lawal and Suaibu reads below..
“As you are aware, the Party and indeed the Government have not been happy over recent developments in the House of Representatives over the issue of 2015 budget. We found it embarrassing to have to deal with another new phenomenon you tagged “budget padding”.
‘However, I write to thank you for your cooperation in honouring our intervention and your readiness to afford the party the chance to handle the House of Representatives budget padded crisis.
‘Arising from the series of the meeting we held with you over the subject matter, the National Wokring Committee has decided you henceforth avoid issuing any public statement on this matter…
‘This however, includes statements through social media or other means of transmitting an opinion on the matter to the public, as the party is now looking into it towards finding solution..
Jibrin, from Kano State, had on Monday submitted a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission and the Nigeria Police Force against Dogara and some leaders of the House.
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss