Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Adamawa state has rejected the results of Saturday’s local government election, demanding a cancellation of the exercise.
Addressing a news conference in Yola, the state capital, Joel Madaki, chairman of the party in the state, said what happened on Saturday was a “mockery of democracy”.
“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) view with dismay, the way and manner the purported local government election was conducted throughout the state,” he said.
“The election was characterized by fraudulent processes inimical to the conduct of an acceptable election.
“We, therefore, in totality, reject the process of the election and call for cancellation.”
He said the irregularities perpetrated in the election by their opponents constituted shame to democracy.
However, he appealed to the party’s supporters to remain law-abiding, saying the PDP was preparing to challenge the election in court.
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River