Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described as preposterous, the recent threat to arrest the PDP’s candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu before the September 10, 2016 gubernatorial election by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State saying that his comments are indicative of the fact that is “nervous and unsettled that the PDP’s moving train will uproot the APC from the State”.
In a statement issued on Thursday the spokesman of party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye urged the governor to weigh his utterances in public in deference to his high office as the governor of a state. He noted that “When a Governor speaks like a garage boy; he is inviting the public to treat him as one. We call on the EFCC to demonstrate that they are not a lap dog of the APC and its leaders, by distancing itself from the unguided utterances of Governor Oshimhole. They must show clearly that they do not take instructions from the powers that be, otherwise, the entire anti-corruption war will loose all credibility”.
“We have observed in recent times the utterances of the Governor of Edo State during the APC’s gubernatorial campaigns ahead of the September 10, 2016 election in the state and we wish to remind the Governor that he should maintain the sanctity of his office as an executive Governor of the State instead of directing the EFCC of who to arrest or prosecute” Prince Adeyeye Said.
The PDP spokesman noted that Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s statement confirms the believe and the opinion of perceptible Nigerians that the anti-corruption war of the present administration is nothing but a partisan political agenda to intimidate, suppress and silence the PDP “Governor Adams Oshiomhole is desperate to hang on to power through his imposed stooge, despite the fact that he has lost the trust and confidence of the people of Edo State”.
“Finally, the PDP call on the All Progressive Congress (APC) Government at both state and federal levels to at least for once play by the rules saying that ‘all the great works done by the PDP’s administrations to ensure the sanctity of the Ballot Box has been virtually destroyed by the APC Administration.
“We are now in the era of inconclusive elections. We will not tolerate any harassment, intimidation, and oppression of our Candidate in the Edo Governorship Election. We will also not allow the APC to destroy this democracy we have laboured for 16 good years to build and sustained”. Prince Adeyeye concluded” the party said.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?