Estimated Reading Time: <1
The embattled Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Hon. Momoh Jimoh has resigned.
In his place, Hon. Umar Ahmed Imam takes over as Speaker of the State House of Assembly.
His resignation letter was read on the floor of the House by the Deputy Speaker Hon. Ali Akuh, who said the Speaker’s decision is in the best interest of the state.
The crisis in the House has lingered since February 2016, resulting in the emergence of two factions of the Assembly.
In February, five lawmakers in a 20-member House sat on Tuesday and purportedly removed the Speaker, Honourable Momoh Jimoh.
The lawmakers chose Umar Imam as the new Speaker of the House.
Friday Sanni, who briefed journalists about the impeachment, said the Speaker was impeached for not carrying other members of the House along in the affairs of the House.
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River