Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former Chief of Air Staff and member of the People Democratic Party (PDP), retired Air Vice-Marshal Isaac Alfa, has been declared winner of Kogi East Senatorial re-run election held on Saturday.
Announcing the result in Idah on Sunday, the Returning Officer for the election, Prof. Lucky Ovwhasa, said Alfa, the PDP candidate, scored 57, 575 votes to defeat five other candidates.
He said that the candidates of Mega People Political Party (MPPP), United Progressives Party (UPP), KOWA, ACPN and Labour Party scored 1,793, 888, 498, 349 and 11,908 votes, respectively, in the election.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) did not participate in the exercise due to an Appeal Court judgment, which prohibited it from fielding a candidate.
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives
- Alleged N41 Billion Fraud: Tony Elumelu denies allegations, demands apology
- Ondo government spends over N13 billion on workers allowances
- Ogun state government makes COVID-19 test free for returning students
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency