Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria Security and civil defence Corps (NSCDC) Ogun state Command yesterday rescued a nine year old boy at Ajibawo village along Atan-Ota in Ado-Odo Ota Local government area of Ogun State Nigeria.
The nine year old boy named Korede Taiwo was being alleged of stealing, especially of soup from their cooking pot by his step mother named kehinde. She reported to the Father who took step by chaining his hand and legs. This situation was on like that until a good Samaritan informed NSCDC officials on surveillance patrol of critical infrastructure in the area, they immediately swong into action and ensure the boy was immediately rescued.
According to the information from officer in charge of Ado-Odo NSCDC Division who led the rescue operation , the boy had been chained for two weeks at the very Celestial Church of Christ (Key of Joy Parish) the boy was tired and pail, he was not able to talk when he was initially rescued. On getting to the church there was serious resistance by members led by the pastor’s wife Kehinde, but Civil defence Corps men insisted, and they were able to force their way into the church premises. The boy was actually under lock and key. They quickly took him to the office for necessary entries and documentation and proceeded to the General Hospital, Ota.
The boy was bath and one Dr. Akintunde asked NSCDC officials who took him there to give him lucosade boost, they then called on whether to cut the chains so as to enable them administer treatment. Before NSCDC left the hospital, he has been responding to treatment as he has started talking. However, the Hospital Medical Director one Dr. Osinbajo who came later assures the Corps that the boy will get necessary medical attention needed.
Meanwhile, the Corps has since liase with the police at Atan,who promised to continue with the investigation and do all necessary things needed.
When contacted, the NSCDC Public Relations Officer, CSC Kareem Olanrewaju confirmed the incident and said, the case will be handover to the police for further investigation. He the step mother ;kehinde, Akorede the boy and the chain with padlock have been handed over to the police. He stressed that, the case was not among those under the mandate of NSCDC to prosecute so, it has to be handed over to the appropriate agency, adding that, when an information is received, the agency received such must act and handover to appropriate agency having direct jurisdiction.
Kareem stressed further that, in the course of resistance by the step mother kehinde and others when the NSCDC officials got to the church, the father Taiwo, Who is also the Pastor of the church escaped. All this information have been relayed to the police to them in their subsequent investigation.
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation