Estimated Reading Time: <1
Factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, on Saturday declared that he has not yet reached any agreement with the Chairman of the party’sNational Caretaker Committee, Sen. Ahmed Makarfi.
He made this clarification barely three days after the party stated that its next national convention where national officers are to be elected, would hold in Port Harcourt on August 17. At an expanded caucus meeting, it stated that the office of the national chairman has been zoned to the southern part of the country.
At its expanded national caucus meeting held on Thursday in Abuja was attended by Sen. Buruji Kashamu, a strong supporter of Sheriff at the meeting, which indicated to many that the reconciliation effort of the caretaker committee was yielding results.
But speaking through his deputy, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, in Abuja, Sheriff stressed that his faction was still pursuing its cases in court, but said that he would address the nation on the state of the party, on Monday.
He said, “I have the express permission of Sheriff to inform our teeming supporters and PDP faithful nationwide that he has not reached agreement with anybody, neither has he permitted anybody to conclude on any processes on his behalf.
“We are continuing with our cases in court, we respect the rule of law. Sheriff will address a press conference on Monday on the state of our party, PDP. Our goal remains to return the party to the people and stamp out impunity.”
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844