Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Dino Melaye denies using “insolent, abusive, degrading and unmannerless language against any Senator” of the Federal Republic of Nigeria when briefing National assembly correspondents on the face-off with Senator Tinubu…
Melaye also a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC had rudely addressed Mrs Tinubu, a female senator in an uncouth language condemned by most Nigerians
“Look this is not Bourdillon (referring to the famous Lagos residence of Mrs Tinubu’s politician husband). I will beat you up, ….. impregnate you and nothing will happen.” Witnesses say those where Mr. Melaye words attacking Mrs. Tinubu at the closed door meeting.
But in a address to clarify the issued on Thursday, Dino says he couldn’t have said he would impregnate Sen. Oluremi as she has gone beyond menopause. He says he only responded to provocations.”
Sen. Melaye at briefing admits using harsh words in retaliation but not d words being attributed to him.”I did it because I am not a coward”.
How could I have said I will beat & impregnate her at the same time.” Senator Dino said while addressing reporters.
Here’s a tweet by Sumner Shagari Sambo @Sumner_Sambo, a TVC News Senior Correspondent at the briefing who covers the National Assembly….
Dino says he couldn't hav said he would impregnate Sen. Oluremi as she has gone beyond menopause. He says he only responded to provocations.
— Sumner Shagari Sambo (@Sumner_Sambo) July 14, 2016
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE