Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Aliyu Wamakko, the Chairman of Senate Committee on Basic and Secondary Education has denied reports that meetings were being held in his house to strategize on the impeachment proceedings against President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Senator representing Sokoto North Senatorial District said this in a statement issued on Wednesday in reaction to reports that he has been holding regular meetings with some of his colleagues in his residence on how to tackle the executive over the ongoing trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki fo forgery.
“To set the records straight, a meeting was only held in my residence towards finding amicable solution to the frosty relationship between the Executive and Legislature.
“We have observed the growing disharmony between the two arms, and we resolved that finding amicable solution to the impasse will move the nation forward and give the president focus to pursue his Change Agenda.
“As a principled politician, I have no cause to scheme against the president and the party I campaigned for or the cause I believe in.
“Let me once again reiterate that we hold the president in high esteem, and we will do our best towards ensuring that there is cordial relationship and harmony between the two arms of government,” Wammako said in the statement.
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board