Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kogi state Independent Electoral Commission has fixed July 23 2016 for the conduct of the repeat rerun election in Kogi East senatorial District.
The election became necessary due the the violence that marred the last rerun elections subsequently declared inconclusive.
Addressing journalists yesterday in Lokoja,the state Resident Electoral commissioner Samuel Madaki Usman said that the day was arrived at after due consultations with relevant stakeholders both at the state and National levels on conditions precedented for the peaceful rerun elections in the zone.
Areas where the repeat rerun elections are to be held include Ankpa, Bassa, Dekina, Ibaju, Idah, Igalamela/Odolu, Ofu and Olamaboro local government Areas.
The Resident Electoral Commissioners also disclosed that a total of 140,297 out of 643,559 registered voters are expected to participate in the election to be presided over by 1,390 ad hoc staff who have been duly mobilised.
He assured that the lesson learnt from the previous exercises will be used in raising the bar during the elections.
Usman warned those who has no business with the electoral process to steer clear within the polling and collation centers adding that the slogan will remain “No permanent voters card (pvc) no voting.
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre