Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ekiti State Government has raised the alarm over an alleged planned invasion of the State by Policemen, to begin indiscriminate arrest of top officials of the government, leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as well as members of the State House of Assembly on Monday based on frivolous petitions orchestrated by the All Progressives Congress (APC) over governorship election that the party lost two years ago.
The government alleged that the 20 Policemen to be led by one ACP Olusola Oke, a native of Isan Ekiti, hometown of the Minister of Solid Minerals, Dr Kayode Fayemi were already in Alagbon, Lagos ready to move to Ekiti by 9am on Sunday in three white coloured Toyota Hummer buses.
In a statement issued by the Special Assistant to the State Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the government alleged that the All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders like Femi Falana (SAN), Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Yinka Akerele and others were coordinating the invasion in their desperation to destabilise the State because of Governor Ayodele Fayose’s perceived opposition to the inhuman policies of the federal government.
“We have been reliably informed that the latest onslaught against the PDP government of Mr Ayodele Fayose is to begin on Monday, using the police to arrest top government officials, PDP leaders across the 16 local government areas and members of the House of Assembly.
“ACP Olusola Oke, who is to lead the over 20 policemen to carry out the operation is said to be a native of Isan Ekiti, hometown of the Minister of Solid Minerals, Dr Kayode Fayemi. ACP Olusola Oke is equally the immediate past Assistant Commissioner in charge of Operations and now the AC X-Squad, FCID, Abuja.
“The operation is allegedly being funded by a former governor from the South South while a prominent aide of President Mohammadu Buhari is said to be directly coordinating.
“ACP Olusola Oke will be accompanied by CSP Ayodele, CSP Enang, four Inspectors and others,” the statement read.
The government said all attempts by the APC to return to power through the backdoor will fail, adding that the party should rather prepare for 2018 instead of running from the Army, DSS, EFCC and now the police.
The government also cautioned the APC led federal government not to destroy democracy in the country by muscling opposition, alerting the international community to take note of the danger facing democracy in the country.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo