Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Air Force on Saturday revealed that work had commenced on the construction of a permanent base for officers and men in Emene near Enugu metropolis.
The establishment of the base and its immediate construction is happening at a time Nigerians in the East continue to demand for a referendum which will allow the sovereign state of Biafra…
The Movement for Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB and Biafra Independence Movement, days ago, stated that military coup d’tat or not in Nigeria, as speculated in some quarters, would not deter the movement from carrying out its non violent struggle to actualize Biafra as President Buhari insists Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable…
The Commander, NAF Base Services Group, Enugu, Air Commodore Ebenezer Alade, said in Enugu that the move would further boost the morale of officers in Enugu.
Alade commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, for the special attention given to NAF officers and men in Enugu.
“The vision of the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is being felt in all units and formations of the NAF, and for us in Enugu, we bear testimony of that vision.
“We are all excited about this development of construction of our permanent base in Emene near Enugu.
“We are also happy that Enugu has become a re-occurring decimal in the agenda of the Chief of the Air Staff.”
Alade, who, however, did not mention the cost of the ongoing project, said that a team of officers from NAF headquarters recently inspected sports facilities in Enugu toward the conduct of NAF Games 2016 later in the year.
“All these are pointers to the strategic importance of Enugu to the NAF family,’’ he added.
The CAS about two weeks ago inaugurated eight projects at Air Force Comprehensive Secondary School, Agbani near Enugu.
The projects inaugurated included a 16-bed ultra modern clinic, drains and reconstructed sections of collapsed school perimeter fence.
Others were the renovated dining hall, five classroom blocks, administrative block, three blocks of students’ hostel and reclamation of eroded football field.
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals
- Terrorists have resumed operations in Kagara, kill four
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released