Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Air Force on Saturday revealed that work had commenced on the construction of a permanent base for officers and men in Emene near Enugu metropolis.
The establishment of the base and its immediate construction is happening at a time Nigerians in the East continue to demand for a referendum which will allow the sovereign state of Biafra…
The Movement for Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB and Biafra Independence Movement, days ago, stated that military coup d’tat or not in Nigeria, as speculated in some quarters, would not deter the movement from carrying out its non violent struggle to actualize Biafra as President Buhari insists Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable…
The Commander, NAF Base Services Group, Enugu, Air Commodore Ebenezer Alade, said in Enugu that the move would further boost the morale of officers in Enugu.
Alade commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, for the special attention given to NAF officers and men in Enugu.
“The vision of the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is being felt in all units and formations of the NAF, and for us in Enugu, we bear testimony of that vision.
“We are all excited about this development of construction of our permanent base in Emene near Enugu.
“We are also happy that Enugu has become a re-occurring decimal in the agenda of the Chief of the Air Staff.”
Alade, who, however, did not mention the cost of the ongoing project, said that a team of officers from NAF headquarters recently inspected sports facilities in Enugu toward the conduct of NAF Games 2016 later in the year.
“All these are pointers to the strategic importance of Enugu to the NAF family,’’ he added.
The CAS about two weeks ago inaugurated eight projects at Air Force Comprehensive Secondary School, Agbani near Enugu.
The projects inaugurated included a 16-bed ultra modern clinic, drains and reconstructed sections of collapsed school perimeter fence.
Others were the renovated dining hall, five classroom blocks, administrative block, three blocks of students’ hostel and reclamation of eroded football field.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown