Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Air Force on Saturday revealed that work had commenced on the construction of a permanent base for officers and men in Emene near Enugu metropolis.
The establishment of the base and its immediate construction is happening at a time Nigerians in the East continue to demand for a referendum which will allow the sovereign state of Biafra…
The Movement for Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB and Biafra Independence Movement, days ago, stated that military coup d’tat or not in Nigeria, as speculated in some quarters, would not deter the movement from carrying out its non violent struggle to actualize Biafra as President Buhari insists Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable…
The Commander, NAF Base Services Group, Enugu, Air Commodore Ebenezer Alade, said in Enugu that the move would further boost the morale of officers in Enugu.
Alade commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, for the special attention given to NAF officers and men in Enugu.
“The vision of the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is being felt in all units and formations of the NAF, and for us in Enugu, we bear testimony of that vision.
“We are all excited about this development of construction of our permanent base in Emene near Enugu.
“We are also happy that Enugu has become a re-occurring decimal in the agenda of the Chief of the Air Staff.”
Alade, who, however, did not mention the cost of the ongoing project, said that a team of officers from NAF headquarters recently inspected sports facilities in Enugu toward the conduct of NAF Games 2016 later in the year.
“All these are pointers to the strategic importance of Enugu to the NAF family,’’ he added.
The CAS about two weeks ago inaugurated eight projects at Air Force Comprehensive Secondary School, Agbani near Enugu.
The projects inaugurated included a 16-bed ultra modern clinic, drains and reconstructed sections of collapsed school perimeter fence.
Others were the renovated dining hall, five classroom blocks, administrative block, three blocks of students’ hostel and reclamation of eroded football field.
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021
- President Buhari signs African Trade Insurance Agency instrument
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC