Estimated Reading Time: <1
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has slammed the Niger Delta Avengers saying they are fighting for their selfish purpose.
Osinbajo also said the militants are fighting for their pockets and not for the Niger Delta region as they claim.
The Vice-President blamed the militant group for the economic downturn in the country.
He said “The Niger Delta Avengers are not freedom fighters, they are not fighting for any freedom, they only fight for their pockets. You can’t be blowing up pipelines and compound the problem of the region and be saying you are fighting for freedom.
“It is not acceptable for anybody under any guise to be vandalising and say they are avenging, that is not acceptable.”
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said this while delivering a lecture titled: “The Future: Here Earlier Than We Thought”, at the second Foundation’s Day Lecture of the Elizade University, Ilara Mokin in Ondo State.
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview