Estimated Reading Time: <1
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has slammed the Niger Delta Avengers saying they are fighting for their selfish purpose.
Osinbajo also said the militants are fighting for their pockets and not for the Niger Delta region as they claim.
The Vice-President blamed the militant group for the economic downturn in the country.
He said “The Niger Delta Avengers are not freedom fighters, they are not fighting for any freedom, they only fight for their pockets. You can’t be blowing up pipelines and compound the problem of the region and be saying you are fighting for freedom.
“It is not acceptable for anybody under any guise to be vandalising and say they are avenging, that is not acceptable.”
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said this while delivering a lecture titled: “The Future: Here Earlier Than We Thought”, at the second Foundation’s Day Lecture of the Elizade University, Ilara Mokin in Ondo State.
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill