Estimated Reading Time: <1
A man has been arraigned before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly beating his wife over late preparation of meal.
Monday Usifo (45), an engineer who lives at No.19, Emmanuel St., Ketu Alapere, a suburb of Lagos is being tried for assault.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Rapheal Donny, told the court that the offence was committed on April 17 at the accused residence.
Donny said that the accused alleged that his wife, Blessing, did not prepare his food on time, and resorted to beating her.
“The accused hatchet his wife with a cutlass on the head, which led her to bleeding profusely.
“If not for the intervention of the neighbours, who rushed the victim to the hospital, it would have been another story entirely,” he said.
The offence contravened Section 171 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Tajudeen Elias, granted the accused bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum.
He adjourned the case till July 20 for mention.
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says
- Gentle Humans to Potential Killers; Understanding the Reasons Behind Child-Cultism
- House of Reps to summon Buhari over insecurity
- Senate has confirmed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman
- Breaking: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Zabarmari Massacre
- Buhari is satisfied with security chiefs; Garba Shehu says
- Lagos judicial panel restricts journalists from using mobile phones at sitting
- Breaking: Again, lawmakers beg Buhari to sack service chiefs