Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), other members of the oil and gas industry, such as Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), have announced plans to go on strike.
A statement signed by the National Public Relation Office , PENGASSAN, Comrade Emmanuel Ojugbana, called on all chairmen and secretaries in the four zones and branches to comply with the new directive.
He said “In the meeting, the gradual method of shutdown was critically examined and adopted by the members.
“The action, which will cripple all activities and operations in the oil and gas sector, will affect all the sub sectors as our members in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Petroleum Equalisation Fund (Monitoring Board) PEF (MB), Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS), oil majors, labour and contract services companies, and petroleum products marketing companies will join in the action”.
PENGASSAN, on Monday, directed its members to prepare for strike from Thursday over some unresolved industry issues with the Federal Government.
According to the statement from PENGASSAN, the association tried to engage the Federal Government on May 24, 2016, which was inconclusive.
The engagement was later fixed for June 23, 2016, which did not take place and again on June 30, 2016, which was cancelled with no new date given.
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law
- Social Media Bill and Hate Speech Bill – Drop Them Now!
- COVID-19: Nasarawa State cabinet members go on self-isolation
- President Buhari has been fair to the southeast despite low 2015, 2019 votes – Femi Adesina
- Ondo Chief Judge rejects assembly’s request to set up probe panel against Ajayi