Estimated Reading Time: <1
Portugal defeated Poland 5-3 on penalties tonight after playing a 1-1 draw in normal time to advance to the semi-final of Euro 2016.
Lewandowski first opened the scoring in the early stage of the first half with a crisp finish before 18 year old Renato Sanchez equalized for Portugal.
Ronaldo had two good chances to win the game for his country but fluffed his lines resulting in a penalty shootout after extra-time. Ronaldo scored the first goal, Lewandowski scored his for Poland .
The next four penalties were converted by both sides, before Blaszczykowski’s missed from 12 yards leaving Quaresma to place the ball in the net and carry Portugal to the semi-final where they will meet either Wales or Belgium.
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss