Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti-There was mild drama in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital on Wednesday as the state House of Assembly held a plenary session right in the middle of highway protesting the freezing of the account of Governor Ayodele Fayose at the Zenith by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).
The EFCC had on June 21 had frozen two account numbers 1003126654 and 9013074033, belonging to Fayose at the Zenith Bank alleging that N1.2 billion of the $2.1 billion arms scandal was traced to the accounts.
The lawmakers, who sat under a canopy displayed placards with different inscriptions such as: “we are ready for arrest”,”harassing Ekiti lawmakers/government won’t give you 2018,” “No matter your media trial and blackmail, on Fayose we stand” and leave Fayose alone” among others.
They accuse the federal government of deliberately orchestrating and manipulating anti-graft and security agencies to intimidate and harass Fayose over his consistent and strident criticism of Buhari’s policies.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report