Estimated Reading Time: <1
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE: TROOPS CARRY OUT SEVERAL CLEARANCE PATROLS
Troops of 21 Brigade and Civilian JTF today conducted a fighting patrol to Zangebe, Maiwa, Algaiti and Mainari villages in which they killed 6 Boko Haram terrorists and wounded several others. The troops also liberated over 5,000 persons held hostages by Boko Haram terrorists and recovered 5 motorcycles and similar number of bicycles.
Similarly, troops of 7 Division Garrison Rapid Deployment Force (RDF) II, in conjunction with some of elements of Mobile Police Force and Civilian JTF today also conducted Boko Haram terrorists clearance operations at Masu Yiwa, Ladin Buta, Bazaka, Kesa Gala, Tabla, Fahinde, Shirori, Gizina, Maska Aribe, Maska and Maska Lawanti villages, all in Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State.
During the clearance operations, the troops encountered Boko Haram terrorists at Maska Lawanti in which they killed 2 terrorists and recovered 2 motorcycles.
Unfortunately, we lost 1 Civilian JTF, while a soldier and 1 Mobile Policeman were wounded in action. The body of the heroic Civilian JTF and the wounded soldier and his police counterpart have since been evacuated to Maiduguri. While we commiserate with the families of the departed Civilian JTF, we wish to state that the wounded are in stable condition and responding to treatment.
In a related development, troops of 192 Battalion, 26 Task Force Brigade and some vigilantes alos embarked on fighting patrol along Kusarha-Zalidava general area today. The patrol team encountered some elements of Boko Haram around Zalidava-Weige villages in which they killed 2 Boko Haram terrorists and recovered 1 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) with registration number FN 132125, a belt of 7.62mm (NATO) ammunition containing 42 rounds. Sadly, one of the vigilantes sustained an injury on his eye. However, he is getting better.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid