Estimated Reading Time: <1
A joint patrol team of Sector 1 of 27 Task Force Brigade and Army Headquarters Strike Group has cleared Boko Haram terrorists’ enclaves in Buhari, Matari and Kaidiri villages.
The villages are located some kilometres to Damasak, Borno State.
Acting Director Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, explained that the remnants of the terrorists at Kaidiri on sighting the patrol team chickened out and withdrew in disarray into Niger Republic with gunshot wounds.
The troops pursued them and got two Boko Haram terrorists. In addition, they recovered seven motorcycles and borehole equipment.
In a related development, troops of 7 Division recovered and successfully detonated Improvised Explosive Device planted by suspected Boko Haram terrorists that came in Keke NAPEP in Gomari, Maiduguri metropolis in conjunction with Nigeria Police Explosive Ordnance Device team.
“This development has necessitated the call for more vigilance and security conscious on the part of everyone especially the residents of Maiduguri and its environs.
“The fight against the menace of Boko Haram terrorists is a collective responsibility that require positive contribution from all citizenry.
“People should please be wary of suspicious persons or objects and report same to the nearest security agency or post,” he said.
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams