Estimated Reading Time: <1
The wife of the President, Aisha Buhari on Tuesday in Lokoja donated food worth millions of naira to the physically challenged,widows, internally displaced persons and the less privileged in Kogi State through her pet project future Assured.? Aisha, represented by Hajia maryam Ibrahim and Her Excellency Mrs Rashida Bello wife of the executive Governor of kogi state? said the gesture was aimed at cushioning the present hardship experienced by the downtrodden.
?According to her, the plight of the widows and less privileged ones in the society remains a serious concern, hence the need for the support.
?”This is part of my contributions to nation building; we cannot pretend that these set of people don’t exist in our society.
?”We have carried out this same gesture in other states of the federation, because the essence of living is to be our brothers’ keeper.
?”So, these materials are just my token gesture to assist those who are in dire need of help in our country”, she said.
?The wife of the president appealed to the people to support the APC administration to deliver dividends of democracy.
?She urged the people of the state and all Nigerians to remain peaceful at all times.
?Wife of Kogi State Governor, Mrs Rashida Bello, said she was also committed to improving the lives of widows and the less privileged in the society.?
?She also called on Kogi women to render support and prayers for the first family.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu
- Humanitarian affairs minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq gets married
- UN at 75: Southern Kaduna And The Responsibility To Protect
- Yobe Governor appoints 30 social media aides
- Insincerity, Bad Faith and Isomorphic Mimicry: The Harmonised Police Bill 2020 in Focus
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau