Estimated Reading Time: <1
The wife of the President, Aisha Buhari on Tuesday in Lokoja donated food worth millions of naira to the physically challenged,widows, internally displaced persons and the less privileged in Kogi State through her pet project future Assured.? Aisha, represented by Hajia maryam Ibrahim and Her Excellency Mrs Rashida Bello wife of the executive Governor of kogi state? said the gesture was aimed at cushioning the present hardship experienced by the downtrodden.
?According to her, the plight of the widows and less privileged ones in the society remains a serious concern, hence the need for the support.
?”This is part of my contributions to nation building; we cannot pretend that these set of people don’t exist in our society.
?”We have carried out this same gesture in other states of the federation, because the essence of living is to be our brothers’ keeper.
?”So, these materials are just my token gesture to assist those who are in dire need of help in our country”, she said.
?The wife of the president appealed to the people to support the APC administration to deliver dividends of democracy.
?She urged the people of the state and all Nigerians to remain peaceful at all times.
?Wife of Kogi State Governor, Mrs Rashida Bello, said she was also committed to improving the lives of widows and the less privileged in the society.?
?She also called on Kogi women to render support and prayers for the first family.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children