Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday commended the outgoing Inspector General of Police, IGP Solomon Arase for a job well done.
The President hosted Service Chiefs and the outgoing Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase to a Ramadan breaking of fast dinner at the presidential villa, Abuja.
This information is contained in the official Twitter account of the President named; @NGRPresident.
It stated that, “This evening I broke the fast with the security chiefs (Military, Intelligence service and Police).
“It also provided an opportunity for me to host outgoing Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase to dinner.’’
The president thanked the outgoing IGP for a job well done. Arase, who was appointed IG by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015, will attain the mandatory retirement age of 60 on June 21. He has served 35 years in the Nigeria Police Force.
The breaking of fast with the service chiefs and IG Solomon Arase was the first official assignment of President Buhari, after his resumption of work on Monday.
President Buhari returned to Abuja on Sunday after his short vacation in London.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April