Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Niger Delta Patriotic Front (NDPF) has accused the former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, Mr Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) of supporting the Niger Delta Avengers to destroy oil installations in the region.
Tompolo had in a recent statement, appealed to the NDA to accept the federal government’s offer to negotiate with the group in order to resolve the crisis in the region.
The NDPF in a statement yesterday by its Director Information, Mr Joel Tamarakepreye, alleged that Tompolo was NDA’s greatest sponsor.
The statement said: “The NDA due to their low level of enlightenment and poor world view has finally unveiled its sponsors and sympathisers. Their greatest sponsor is Tompolo. The Niger Delta Patriotic Front posits that there is clear distinction between personal, corporate and regional interests, and advises Tompolo and his sympathisers not to mix up interests and issues for their greed and quest for personal salvation.”
Tompolo’s Media Consultant, Mr. Paul Bebenimibo, had said in a statement: “I wish to once again write the members of the Niger Delta Avengers to embrace the federal government’s dialogue option as a way out of the brewing crisis in the Niger Delta region. As I have said before now, I do not know you and how to reach you except through the mass media, therefore it is high time you stopped the bombing and destruction of crude oil facilities in the region.”
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON