Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Niger Delta Patriotic Front (NDPF) has accused the former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, Mr Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) of supporting the Niger Delta Avengers to destroy oil installations in the region.
Tompolo had in a recent statement, appealed to the NDA to accept the federal government’s offer to negotiate with the group in order to resolve the crisis in the region.
The NDPF in a statement yesterday by its Director Information, Mr Joel Tamarakepreye, alleged that Tompolo was NDA’s greatest sponsor.
The statement said: “The NDA due to their low level of enlightenment and poor world view has finally unveiled its sponsors and sympathisers. Their greatest sponsor is Tompolo. The Niger Delta Patriotic Front posits that there is clear distinction between personal, corporate and regional interests, and advises Tompolo and his sympathisers not to mix up interests and issues for their greed and quest for personal salvation.”
Tompolo’s Media Consultant, Mr. Paul Bebenimibo, had said in a statement: “I wish to once again write the members of the Niger Delta Avengers to embrace the federal government’s dialogue option as a way out of the brewing crisis in the Niger Delta region. As I have said before now, I do not know you and how to reach you except through the mass media, therefore it is high time you stopped the bombing and destruction of crude oil facilities in the region.”
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports