Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a statement released by the Militant Group on their website, Niger Delta Avengers through their spokesperson Brig. Gen Mudoch Agbinibo stated that the Niger Delta Struggle is not for Political Thugs.
The Statement reads, “We are watching with keen interest the unwholesome activities of the political thugs and agents of APC to undermine the Niger Delta struggle in the likes of Mr. Ayiri and gangs.
“Few days ago, he and his group was parading, regrouping, rebranding and re-arming defunct Ex-MEND and settled Militants leaders discussing pipelines, oil and gas facilities contract in Edo State Government house.
“Today he and his co-travelers are in delta state Government house, the Itsekiri Militants leader with community leaders and unfortunately branding them as representatives of Niger Delta Avengers for self-gain and political survivals.
“We condemn its entirety the continuous linking of the Niger Delta Avengers to any meeting in Delta State Government in Asaba with Minister of State for Petroleum Resources.
“We have never missed words in telling the whole listening world that the Niger Delta Avengers will not be part any dialogue deal that will not bring about “ the peace of our time; but we want a peace with honour” as such we could not be a party to any meeting with the likes of Ayiri Emami and his co- travelers that are ready to kill and trade for the interest of pipeline, oil and gas facilities contract from the Government to bloat their pockets and urge fantasies .
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges