Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun has condoled with the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) over the death of Mr. Chuks Ehirim, the immediate past chairman of the Abuja chapter of the NUJ.
Odigie-Oyegun in a condolence letter to the National President of the NUJ, Mr. Abdulwaheed Odusile prayed that the Almighty God gives the soul of the late Chuks Ehirim eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
The letter read:
“On behalf of our great Party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), may I express my heartfelt condolences on the shocking death of the immediate past chairman of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Abuja chapter, Mr. Chuks Ehirim who passed away on his 50th birthday, Thursday, June 16, 2016 in Abuja.
“It is terrible to hear about the sudden death when we thought he was recovering from his ailment. May the Almighty God give the soul of the late Chuks Ehirim eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
“I also take this opportunity to express my sympathy to the NUJ and the management and staff of The Niche Newspapers, his last employer.
“The late Chuks Ehirim was one of the first persons I interacted with soon after I became National Chairman of the APC and I found him most knowledgeable, professional and a man who believed in the unity and potentials for greatness of our nation.
“I also recall, with satisfaction, the late Chuks Ehirim years of meritorious and unblemished record of service in the media profession. He went on to lead the Abuja Chapter of the NUJ between 2012 and 2015 from where he passionately advocated for the rights, welfare and security of journalists in Nigeria.
“Indeed, the journalism profession has lost an illustrious son. Nationally, the late Chuks Ehirim used the journalism profession and activism to propagate progressive and democratic ideals in the country.
“As we mourn the loss of the late Chuks Ehirim, I am with you in thoughts and prayers. May his soul rest in peace. Adieu Chuks Ehirim.”
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi