Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) reacting to the allegations by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that the PDP’s allegations were baseless and laughable and that the PDP is suffering from its sins of the past.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had accused the APC and the Presidency of being behind the Ali Modu Sherrif-led PDP faction.
But the APC said that the PDP is suffering from its sins of the past.
In a statement signed on Tuesday by Mai Mala Buni said ”the APC National Secretary it said the monitored media reports on Tuesday, the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee of the PDP speaking through a spokesperson accused the APC and the Presidency of being behind a faction of the PDP ostensibly to ensure that the PDP is in perpetual crisis and unable to produce credible candidates for the forth coming elections in Edo and Ondo state.
For the umpteenth time, the APC wishes to state that instead of joining issues with the baseless and laughable allegations, the APC would rather join issues that will bring about all-inclusive development in the country.
However, it should be put on record that the PDP forced on them whatever crisis it is troubled with today due to its politics of imposition and other undemocratic practices which the APC abhors.
The PDP should put its house in order rather than playing to the gallery and blaming others but themselves for their sins which has come to hunt them.
Also, it is evident that the PDP has chosen to employ diversionary tactics because of its inability to produce credible candidates for the forthcoming elections in Edo and Ondo states.”
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview