Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has set up a probe panel to investigate the Kogi state Governor, Yahaya Bello for anti-party activities.
The party has accused the Governor of appointing card carrying members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to his cabinet.
An 11 man probe committee led by Senator Dino Melaye was also set up, after a meeting of Kogi state APC leaders in the National Assembly.
Punch reports that the APC leaders said “Out of the 15 Commissioners he (Bello) appointed, PDP has 13 card-carrying members while APC has two. Out of the 105 members of the Caretaker Committee members for the 21 Local Government Councils, PDP has 72 while APC has 33.
“Out of the 28 people he appointed as Special Advisers and Senior Special Assistants, PDP has 24, APC has one, APGA has one, Labour has one, Accord has one.”
The party leaders also threatened to carry out disciplinary measures, if the Governor does not respond to the probe committee.
Governor Bello has also been accused of snubbing the APC leaders in the state.
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war