Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Benin Traditional Council has instructed residents not to cook with fire on Sunday, June 5, as part of activities for continuation of the 15 days funeral rites for late Monarch, Oba Erediauwa.
The instruction is contained in a statement issued by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council, Mr Frank Irabor, made available on Friday in Benin.
Irabor stated that Sunday would be the day of Edenagberen-Mwiwu in the royal funeral rites programme and as such, there would be no cooking with fire, in accordance with Benin customs and tradition.
He then called on Benin indigenes and non-indigenes in the kingdom to observe the Igberimwin rite.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party