Estimated Reading Time: <1
Resurgent militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, says it has blown up two separate pipelines in Bayelsa state in its resolved to zero Nigeria oil production.
The group claimed responsibility for the explosion which rocked the pipelines around 2:00am on Thursday.
The affected pipelines are those located at Ogboinbiri, Tebidaba and Clough Creek down to Tebidaba, all in Bayelsa state.
The group via its tweeter handle; @NDAvengers said “At about 2:00am today @NDAvengers blew up the Ogboinbiri to Tebidaba and Clough Creek to Tebidaba Crude Oil pipelines in Bayelsa State”.
“This is inline with our promise to all international Oil companies and Indigenous Oil Companies that Nigeria Oil production will be Zero.”
Meanwhile, the Niger Delta Avengers have denied launching attack on a military houseboat around Warri, Delta state.
In a statement earlier on Thursday by its spokesman, ‘Brid.Gen’ Mudoch Agbinibo, NDA said they were not involved in the attack, pointing out that killing of “sleeping Soldiers” is not their style.
“We promise the world that in this Process of liberating our People, not a single blood of Nigeria soldiers will be wasted despite the provocation.
“Even the Inhumane Nigeria soldiers are exempted, our war is on Oil installations not to take innocent lives. For the fact we can’t give Life, we also don’t have the power to take any life.
“But we (Avengers) are assuring the Families of the affected soldiers that we will bring the culprits to book.
“When it’s time to face the military in combat let the whole world know that we won’t be the ones to throw the first punch.”
They however boasted that it has been able to reduce Nigeria crude oil production from 2million barrels to just 800,000 barrels without killing a soul and therefore warned all groups claiming to be freedom fighters refrain from killing innocent souls.
“This message is going to all groups parading themselves as freedom fighters.
“You can fight for your people without killing innocent souls NDA have proved it. we were able to drop Nigeria Oil production from 2million Barrels to just 800,000 barrels without killing a soul.
“We are warning every group to follow our footsteps. The days of Killing and kidnapping are over.”
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice