Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, has urged Nigerians to support and rally round President Muhammadu Buhari in his task of building a virile nation.
The Sultan made the call at the 22nd Annual Ummah Convention 2016 organised by the National Islamic Centre, NIC, Zaria, Kaduna State, on Sunday.
He said the call became imperative in view of the economic upheavals bedevilling the country and the quest by the present administration to proffer lasting solution.
According to him, Muslims and Christians, young and old must come together for the country to record meaningful, steady and consistent growth and development.
The Sultan lamented that “men of state rather than elder statesmen” often found it very easy to attribute every negative thing to Muslims and Islam, whereas Islam is a religion of peace.
“It is our right to practice our religion without any interference by anybody”.
Earlier, the chairman Majlis Al- Shura Ummatul Islam (National Islamic Centre), Ahmad Bello, called on the Kaduna State Government to revisit its bill to amend the state regulation of religious preaching edict, 1984.
- President Buhari signs African Trade Insurance Agency instrument
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”