Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, has urged Nigerians to support and rally round President Muhammadu Buhari in his task of building a virile nation.
The Sultan made the call at the 22nd Annual Ummah Convention 2016 organised by the National Islamic Centre, NIC, Zaria, Kaduna State, on Sunday.
He said the call became imperative in view of the economic upheavals bedevilling the country and the quest by the present administration to proffer lasting solution.
According to him, Muslims and Christians, young and old must come together for the country to record meaningful, steady and consistent growth and development.
The Sultan lamented that “men of state rather than elder statesmen” often found it very easy to attribute every negative thing to Muslims and Islam, whereas Islam is a religion of peace.
“It is our right to practice our religion without any interference by anybody”.
Earlier, the chairman Majlis Al- Shura Ummatul Islam (National Islamic Centre), Ahmad Bello, called on the Kaduna State Government to revisit its bill to amend the state regulation of religious preaching edict, 1984.
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election
- Armed police surround former NDDC MD Joi Nunieh’s residence
- Femi Gbajabiamila speaks on NDDC corruption investigations
- Federal government closes deal on N43bn Ibadan dry port
- FEC approves revised 2021-2023 MTEF/FSP
- Crude Oil gains despite demand, supply worries
- Cheta Nwanze: Let Magu be, Nigeria is a country where irony comes to die
- Ugep to stage anti-cultism, anti-violence rally July 22