Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, has urged Nigerians to support and rally round President Muhammadu Buhari in his task of building a virile nation.
The Sultan made the call at the 22nd Annual Ummah Convention 2016 organised by the National Islamic Centre, NIC, Zaria, Kaduna State, on Sunday.
He said the call became imperative in view of the economic upheavals bedevilling the country and the quest by the present administration to proffer lasting solution.
According to him, Muslims and Christians, young and old must come together for the country to record meaningful, steady and consistent growth and development.
The Sultan lamented that “men of state rather than elder statesmen” often found it very easy to attribute every negative thing to Muslims and Islam, whereas Islam is a religion of peace.
“It is our right to practice our religion without any interference by anybody”.
Earlier, the chairman Majlis Al- Shura Ummatul Islam (National Islamic Centre), Ahmad Bello, called on the Kaduna State Government to revisit its bill to amend the state regulation of religious preaching edict, 1984.
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC