Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has redeployed 12 officers of Air Rank comprising 10 Air Vice Marshals (AVM) and 2 Air Commodores (Air Cdre). Those affected by the new deployment include AVMs Auwal Muhammed as Air Officer Commanding Tactical Air Command (AOC TAC) Makurdi; Emmanuel Agwungwu as Air Officer Commanding Mobility Command (AOC MC) Yenagoa; Nurudeen Balogun as Air Officer Commanding Training Command (AOC TC) Kaduna, and Sani Ahmed as Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command (AOC LC), Lagos.
In a statement issued by, AYODELE FAMUYIWA Group Captain, Director of Public Relations & Information reads, “Others include AVMs Wakili Ahmed as Director of Policy, Headquarters Nigerian Air Force; Uko Ebong as College Secretary, National Defence College, Abuja; Emmanuel Akogu as Commandant Air War College, Makurdi; and Benjamin Nweze as Director of Electronic Warfare, Defence Headquarters (DHQ).
“Other AVMs affected by the redeployment are AVMs Olusoji Amomodu appointed Director of Plans (HQ NAF) and Isiaka Amao as Director of Operations (HQ NAF). The 2 Air Commodores are Dahiru Sanda appointed Deputy Director Transformation (DHQ) and Ibrahim Lawal appointed Commander 339 Base Services Group, Kano.
According to the statement, the redeployment, as a routine exercise, is aimed at ensuring that the NAF is effectively manned for operational efficiency and effectiveness in line with the vision of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar. You are therefore please requested to disseminate the information through your mass medium for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual cooperation.
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters
- Newly released Senator Orji Kalu proposes amendment to criminal justice act