Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ese Oruru, the 14-year-old girl who was abducted from her home in Bayelsa State, taken to Kano and forcibly converted to Islam and married to her abductor has given birth to a baby girl.
Mis s Oruru went into labour on Thursday, May 26, 2016 and taken to a government hospital in Yenagoa where she gave birth to a baby girl.
Oruru’s abductor, Yunusa Yellow is currently facing trial at a federal high court in Bayelsa over the abduction of the then 13-year-old and could be handed a 25-year jail sentenced if found guilty of his charges. He confessed to being responsible for his victim’s pregnancy.
More details to follow
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19