Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has paid a condolence visit to Senator Shehu Sani over the death of his mother, Hajiya Fatima Abubakar Sani.
El-Rufai visited Sani today, May 24, 2016, four days after the senator called him a bad egg.
Sani has been a strong critic of the governor, he made the above comments after the state All Progressives Congress (APC) threatened to expel him for criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari.
“El-Rufai was never and is still never a Buhari man but a pretender who can kneel down to anyone as long as that can propel him to power. The use of APC Kaduna to fight Shehu Sani by El-Rufai is a testimony to how timid and mischievous the governor is.
‘The heart, the lungs and the “blockos” of El-Rufai are still PDP,” Sani said via a statement released by his Special Adviser on Politics and Ideology, Suleiman Ahmed.
“El-Rufai has simply destroyed APC in Kaduna state. In all states in the north people are decamping from PDP to APC except in Kaduna. El-Rufai is a bad and rotten egg in the APC,” he added.
The Senator’s mother died on Saturday, May 21, after a protracted illness. She was 75 years old.
Photo Credit: Maryam Abubakar
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead