Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaking at the ongoing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) convention in Port Harcourt on Saturday, former Senate President, David Mark, lampooned the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying things had gone awry under the new administration.
He said the nation’s economy was heading for the rocks under the APC-led government, stressing that the change mantra of the APC must be changed.
“PDP Must Change The Change To Effects The Real Change In 2019 ” – David Mark Iwas quoted to have said.
members concured, repeating the slogan.
After his speech, the party however continued with their usual slogan, PDP….power to he people..
Meanwhile, Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party have decided to ignore the announcement by the National Chairman of the party, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, that its national convention has been cancelled.
A governor told our correspondent that a former Governor of Kaduna, Sen. Ahmed Makarfi as the party’s caretaker national chairman and that they are going ahead with the convention.
He added that Senator Ben Obi was named the national secretary of the party.
A faction of the party led by a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, had earlier held its briefing in Abuja.
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading